Spotify recently gave users the ability to submit their music to officially curated playlists, and as any artist knows, getting your music on these coveted can do wonders for you popularity and exposure. Here we look at how to determine eligibility and the submission process itself.
Guest post by Bo Turner of the Repost Network
It’s been around 2 months since Spotify gave its users the ability to submit their own music to their officially curated playlists. If you’re distributing onto this platform, its extremely important you understand the process and utilize it as much as possible. Getting your song onto an official playlist could be HUGE for overall popularity and exposure. Here’s a little reminder on everything you need to know about manually submitting your music today.
What makes me eligible to submit?
Now, there are a few things that you need to have completed before you are able to submit your songs for consideration.
For one, your song has to already have been submitted for distribution on Spotify in order for it to be eligible for playlist submission. You MUST have at least one song release before you are able to use the submission form. So make sure you have Spotify enabled on your Repost Network dashboard!
In order for your submission to be eligible, you need to make sure that you submit your song at least seven days before its actual release date. Spotify only considers unreleased music for their curated playlists, so it is not possible to submit any of your songs that are already out.
Here’s the process you need to follow to get your music considered for official Spotify playlists:
1. Log in to Spotify for Artists on your personal desktop. You MUST use a desktop, as the mobile application is not usable for submission quite yet
2. Locate any of your unreleased tracks at the top of your Home or Profile tab, then select Get Started.
3. Choose a song from your release that you’d like to submit.
4. Fill out as much information regarding the song as you can. The more information you give Spotify, the better the chance your song has of being chosen. Very important to keep in mind!
5. After filling out as much info you can, press Submit. It’s that simple!