After 2-ish months of summer vacation I decided to do an “After Summer Special” (name as a reference to After School Specials)
By the end of summer I had been working hard… on Debussy instead of instruments! Oops!
Once September arrived I realised that I needed to get things back in order, so I set about finishing this version:
- [INST-545] – Reverse parentage of classical/acoustic guitars
- [INST-239] – Tubulum
- [INST-293] – Nyabinghi Drums (Funde, Thunder, Repeater/Keteh)
- [INST-437] – Mijwiz
- [INST-478] – boobam
- [INST-533] – Oval spinet
- [INST-538] – Tarota
- [INST-540] – Tenora
- [INST-543] – Gemshorn
- [INST-546] – tible
- [INST-549] – kannel
- [INST-568] – Irish flute
- [INST-570] – octoban
- [INST-575] – Rubab
- [INST-584] – vuvuzela
- [INST-430] – akete is missing proper description (along with some improvements)
- [INST-477] – table steel guitar alias
- [INST-501] – Please add a couple of Dutch aliases to bullroarer
- [INST-518] – rebec relations
- [INST-554] – Improvements to hardingfele aliases
- [INST-583] – add aliases to handclaps
I also decided to close the tambouras (strings) version, as after much delay there wasn’t really much progress on it. I had started work on these way back in January, adding the Tamburica instruments (see Instruments part two).
However, by the time ASP came to an end it had became clear to me that I had to move on from dwelling on this, to feel like there was progress and avoid burning out.
Now, after over half the INST tickets have been closed, I had a bit more experience and I could finally finish work on this + some random stragglers left over from the “next” version.
Anyway, after all that, I decided that the thing we needed to do, was to, Get Serious[from https://ift.tt/2lc8A0P]