Your Morning Coffee Podcast: Cheater’s Guide To Spotify, Kanye’s Guidelines, A Need For Albums & More
Episode 7 of the weekly podcast Your Morning Coffee: Weekly Music News for the New Music Business with Jay Gilbert and Mike Etchart is live.
Episode #7 Highlights
In this week’s episode, Jay and Mike cover:
- Intro by Stanley Clarke
- THE CHEATER’S GUIDE TO SPOTIFY-Why Spotify Has So Many Bizarre, Generic Artists Like ‘White Noise Baby Sleep’ [OneZero] by PETER SLATTERY.
- Kanye West Offers 7 ‘Guidelines’ For Fairer Recording, Publishing Deals. [Hypbot]
- Serious Musicians Still Need To Make Albums: Here’s Why [Hypebot] guest post by Patrick McGuire of the Bandzoogle Blog.
- ‘Change Is the Only Constant’: Epic Records Chief Sylvia Rhone Looks Back on Four Decades in the Music Business [Variety] by Shirley Halperin.
- Denzyl Feigelson and Troy Carter talk artists, labels and music industry evolution [MusicAlly] by Stuart Dredge.