The A&R Awards in association with Abbey Road Studios is back: the ceremony returns to London in a month and a half, on the evening of Tuesday, November 5.
A range of individual and team awards will be handed out on the night to those working in both independent and major sectors across record labels, publishing and management. There will also be Songwriter Of The Year and Producer Of The Year awards, recognising the very best in behind-the-scenes UK musical creatives, voted on by a worldwide panel of expert and experienced A&R figures.
And, as you saw last week, an all-new new Song Of The Year category will celebrate the best hit majority-written by British writers over the past 12 months.
Our individual A&R awards – also counting A&R duos – are once again segmented by genre. (To be clear: the nominees and winners of these categories have done great things within these genres over the past year, but are certainly not exclusively defined by them.)
These categories are: Adult Contemporary, Electronic/Dance, Hip-Hop/Grime, Alternative/Rock and Pop/R&B. An A&R Administrator Award will be collected by an individual without whom a record company simply couldn’t operate.
Team awards include two Publisher Of The Year gongs (for UK pubs above and below a certain size threshold), Major Label Of The Year, Independent Label Of The Year and Management Company of The Year (aka The David Enthoven Award).
All of these categories will be voted on by a select cast of global music business experts in the coming weeks.
In addition, three extra special awards will be handed out on the night: The Sir George Martin Award, The Artist Loyalty Award and, of course, The A&R Icon Award.
Presented by MBW, The A&R Awards 2019 take place at the De Vere Grand Connaught Rooms in London WC2.
Platinum tables are almost sold out but a few Gold tables on the show floor are still available.
Please email Dave@musicbizworldwide.com to enquire about booking our few remaining places – and visit the official A&R Awards website for more details.
In addition to our returning headline partner, Abbey Road Studios, supporters of this year’s A&R Awards include Centtrip Music, Downtown, Hipgnosis Songs Fund, YouTube and Vevo.
Would-be sponsors looking to get in front of our audience should email Dave@musicbizworldwide.com (and do so soon).
Here come the finalists….
PRODUCER OF THE YEAR – SUPPORTED BY ABBEY ROAD STUDIOS
- 2 Inch Punch
- Catherine Marks
- Chris Andoh
- Fraser T Smith
- Fred Gibson (FRED)
- Mark Ralph
- Steve Mac
SONGWRITER OF THE YEAR – SUPPORTED BY DOWNTOWN
- Camille Purcell
- Fred Gibson (FRED)
- Jamie Hartman
- Jimmy Napes
- Sam Roman
- Steve Mac
A&R OF THE YEAR: ADULT CONTEMPORARY
- Danielle Wade – Decca Publishing
- Jamie Nelson – BMG
- Paul Samuels – Atlantic
- Ric Salmon and Justin Young – Rhino / East West
- Tom Lewis – Decca
A&R OF THE YEAR: ELECTRONIC/DANCE
- David Dollimore – RCA
- David Ventura – Sony/ATV
- Dipesh Parmar – Ministry Of Sound
- Jamie Spinks – Polydor
- Jason Ellis – Positiva/Virgin EMI
- Jon Barlow & Anton Powers – 3Beat
- Kevin Christian Blair – Atlantic
- Pete Simmons – Universal Music Publishing Group
A&R OF THE YEAR: HIP-HOP/GRIME
- Alec Boateng – Atlantic
- Alex Boateng – Island
- Amber Davis – Warner/Chappell
- Andy Musgraves (& AJ Tracey) – Supernature
- Benny Scarrs & Jack Foster (& Dave) – Neighborhood
- Colin Batsa – EGA Group/Caroline International
- Glyn Aikins & Riki Bleau – Since ’93
- Joe Gossa & Henry Village – Black Butter
A&R OF THE YEAR: POP/R&B
- Ben Cook & Ed Howard – Atlantic
- Denzyl Feigelson & Lucie Watson – Platoon
- Ferdy Unger-Hamilton – Columbia
- Joe Kentish – Warner Bros
- Jordan Jay – Virgin EMI
- Lisa Cullington – BMG
- Kier Fullerton & Ben Mortimer – Polydor
- Shabs Jobanputra & Jamie Croz – Tom Walker
A&R OF THE YEAR: ALTERNATIVE/ROCK
- Louis Bloom – Island
- Jamie Oborne – Dirty Hit
- Jeff Barrett – Heavenly
- Jeff Bell – Partisan
- Matt Riley & Kenny McGoff – AWAL
- Phil Christie – Warner Records
- Richard Donovan – Polydor
- Tim Dellow & Toby L – Transgressive
- Ashley Forbes – Virgin EMI
- Grace Goddard – Warner
- James Bullock – Sony/ATV
- Nicky Affleck – Island
- Paul Walmsley & Rebecca La Porta – Polydor
PUBLISHER Of The Year (1)
- Concord Music
- Universal Music Publishing
- Warner Chappell Music
PUBLISHER Of The Year (2)
- Bucks Music
- Good Soldier Songs
- Mute Songs
- Spirit B-Unique
- Dirty Hit
- Play It Again Sam
MANAGEMENT COMPANY (THE DAVID ENTHOVEN AWARD) – SUPPORTED BY CENTTRIP MUSIC
- Covert Talent
- Interlude Artists
- Method Music
- Tap Management
- UROK Management
- Various Artists
- Black Butter
- Virgin EMI
- Warner Bros
Music Business Worldwide