BMG has promoted label veteran Andreas Katsambas to the newly created role of EVP, Latin America, and Canada as part of an international expansion. Currently, 50% of BMG’s revenues come from the US, but the company is looking further afield as international markets become increasingly important in the era of digital delivery.
• Parlophone Records announced that Ina Rasinger (formerly Jedlicka) and Jin Jin are joining the label as A&R Director and Senior A&R Manager, respectively. Rasinger joins from Sony Music Germany where she was Head of A&R for the Columbia label. Jin Jin, who joins the team as Senior A&R Manager is a multi-platinum songwriter who has written with the likes of Jax Jones, Raye, Madison Beer, Sigala, David Guetta and Yebba amongst others. She will continue to run her publishing and management company, Jinsing.
• Industry veteran PJ Loughran has launched EMÁJYN, a new venture aimed at creating and producing executive-level events and VIP experiences. Loughran, who formerly served as President, Brand Creative of Superfly, the festival and event producer behind such high profile festival properties as the Bonnaroo and Outside Lands Festivals. His C.V. also includes the launch of two successful businesses – Kerosene Creative Services, which he sold in 2009, and The Distillery, which was sold to Superfly in 2012.
• Marathon Music Group has named James Farrelly as Global Trade Marketing Director. Farrelly joins from Ministry of Sound Recordings/Sony Music UK where he was Streaming/Digital Strategy Manager. His previous roles include senior positions at Believe Digital and the Association of Independent Music (AIM).
• ALIBI Music Library has added Julia Trainor as Music Supervisor. Trainor brings a 14-year track record in entertainment advertising to her new role and will serve ALIBI’s U.S.-based clients.
• Dan Steinberg and Jason Zink’s Emporium Presents announced the appointment of industry veteran Tina Suca as Chief Operating Officer. Suca will be based in Emporium Presents’ Colorado office and joins from BSE Global where she served as Vice President of Industry Relations, overseeing the company’s West Coast offices and coordinating booking activities with their other properties, including Barclays Center, Brooklyn, NY; NYCB LIVE- Home of The Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, Uniondale, NY; Webster Hall, New York.