Spotify has launched a major "Your Library" update. Centered around a sleeker design and putting podcasts on an equal footing with music, the update offers features to please music fans, as well. The update is currently available to Premium users only.
In the new Spotify Library, users tap or swipe to toggle between new tabs for Podcasts and Music; and under each section, it's now easier to control and access content.
New For Music
A tap on the Music tab automatically drops the user into their Playlists section, with the artists they follow and albums saved a swipe away. Pull down brings search, sort, and filter.
- Liked Songs - With this overdue feature, every time you "heart" a song, it’s added to a new Liked Songs playlist
- Playlists Offline - When offline, Spotify automatically sorts playlists to show the ones downloaded and available.
- Artists - This new section lists all of the artists you follow. To add an artist to this section, tap the “follow” button on the artist’s page.
- Albums - Tap the heart icon on any album, and it’s saved to this section.
The new design offers more control aided in discovery of new shows and episodes with three distinct sections: Episodes, Downloads, and Shows. From Spotify:
- Episodes: The Episodes tab allows you to quickly find new episodes or resume podcasts you’re listening to, so picking up where you left off is a snap. And further down the list you’ll find newly released episodes of all the podcasts you follow. So, for example, the episode of The Rewind with Guy Raz that you paused yesterday will appear up top, followed by the new episode of Jemele Hill is Unbothered you’d been waiting for.
- Downloads: This tab serves as your repository for the podcast episodes you’ve downloaded—so you can listen even when you’re offline.
- Shows: The new Shows tab allows you to quickly manage the podcasts you follow and explore their past episodes. The higher up a podcast appears on your list in this section, the more recently a new episode became available.