LiveXLive Media issued an updated financial guidance that estimates it will end fiscal year 2019 with revenue of $33.0 million to $34.0 million, up 365% from $7.2 million in 2018. But the company is estimated to close fiscal year 2019 with an operating loss of $34 million to $36 million, up 135% from 2018.
Paid subscribers, which come from the company's Slacker music streaming division, have passed 700,000, up 50% from last year.
Overall LiveXLive Monthly Active Users (MAUs) surpassed 1.4 million in May, up 300,000 year to to date. The company delivered 51 million live streams across 24 festivals and live events in fiscal 2019; and exceeded 14 million live streams during the first two months of fiscal 2020.
"I am proud of our team's success in 2019. We livestreamed 24 festivals and events and have now signed agreements to stream many more in fiscal 2020. As our audience continues to grow, we are beginning to unlock significant monetization opportunities including a licensing deal with Tencent and a sponsorship with Corona. Recently, we partnered with iHeartMedia and SGE to expand our lineup to more than 50 of the best live music events around the globe, and launched our next generation subscription app, positioning LiveXLive for significant growth heading into fiscal 2020," said Robert Ellin, CEO and Chairman of LiveXLive.
- Estimated to close fiscal year 2019 with GAAP Revenue of approximately $33.0 million to $34.0 million, up 365% from $7.2 million GAAP Revenue in fiscal year 2018 (at the fiscal 2019 midpoint)
- Estimated to close fiscal year 2019 with GAAP Operating Loss from Continuing Operations of approximately ($34.0) million to ($36.0) million, up 135% from ($14.9) million GAAP Operating Loss from Continuing Operations in fiscal year 2018 (at the fiscal 2019 midpoint)
- Estimated to close fiscal year 2019 with Adjusted Operating Loss* of approximately ($12.4) million to ($13.4) million, up 111% from ($6.1) million Adjusted Operating Loss* in fiscal year 2018 (at the 2019 fiscal midpoint)
- Surpassed 700,000 paid subscribers as of today, up +50% from March 31, 2018
- MAUs* grew to over 1.4 million as of May 29, 2019, up ovr25% from 1.1 million at May31, 2018
- Livestreamed 24 music festivals and events in fiscal year 2019, driving over 50 million Livestream Views* versus 5 events livestreamed in fiscal 2018
- Expanded lineup to over 50 live music festivals and events in fiscal 2020, and generated over 14 million livestreams during the first two months of fiscal 2020
- Fiscal year 2019 livestreams generated over 360 hours of programming and 440 artists streamed; while developing a slate of original programming including 300+ pieces of short-form content published consisting of artist interviews, lifestyle segments and show pilots
- Extended maturity of approximately $4.8 million of principal and accrued unsecured notes with Trinad Capital Master Fund Ltd to May 31, 2021, effective March 31, 2019
- Certain Insiders extended share lockup agreements through December 2019
- Expect to close fiscal year 2019 with cash and cash equivalents at similar levels as December 31, 2018