VEZT, the blockchain powered marketplace that lets fans share ownership with artists in their favorite songs, has announced an advisory board packed with music industry leaders and the hiring of Swedish producer and music tech investor Andreas Carlsson as Chief Strategy Officer.Carlsson, who is known for his writing collaborations with a wide range of world famous musicians including Katy Perry, NSync, The Backstreet Boys, Britney Spears, and Celine Dion, is also an investor in and advsor to Soundtrap, which was sold to Spotify for an estimated $30M in 2017.
The company also released the names of their growing advisory board, which features an impressive lineup of music industry and entrepreneurial moguls including:
- Marc Geiger, Head of Music, William Morris/Endeavor Agency; Co-Founder, Lollapalooza
- Tom DeSavia, Former SVP ASCAP, SONGS Music Publishing'
- Goodwin Gaw, Chairman of Gaw Capital Partners
- Jim Guerinot, Manager, The Offspring; Owner, Rebel Waltz, Inc.
- Polo Molina, Manager, Wil.I.Am, Fergie Of Black Eyed Peas
- Steven Nerayoff, Co-Founder Of Ethereum, Lisk, & tZERO
- Jon Pleeter, Head Of Music: ICM Partners
- Jeff Pulver, Co-Founder of Vonage
- Jonathan Teo, Co-founder, Binary Capital
- Peter Paterno, Attorney for Dr. Dre, Metallica
“We’ve built a first class team around a shared vision for how the music industry has evolved,” said Steve Stewart, co-founder and CEO of VEZT. “We are currently in talks with numerous artists, labels, and publishers and will be announcing these partnerships very soon as we move to launching the platform.”
VEZT will officially launch its platform in the summer of 2018. Pre-orders for the VEZT app are currently underway on the company’s website.