Construction companies have multiple projects in multiple locations. It is only logical to move their equipment to their new project site; it’s a whole lot cheaper than buying new equipment. Moving assets that weigh more than an automobile is complicated because of its size and weight. Hauling companies are needed to transport massive safety and industrial equipment.
Hauling safety and industrial equipment requires the appropriate tools. If your business needs to move heavy machinery, it is best to choose a hauling company that has experience. Selecting the right hauling company risk during the hauling process.
How to Keep Hauling Operations Smooth
Ensuring the smooth operations of hauling safety and industrial machinery is dependent on the type of equipment used. Here are some products that move the world like Hevi-Haul skates do:
- Cranes. This hauling equipment is used for lifting and hoisting heavy equipment. It is used to haul bulky items such as tanks, cylinders, and monoliths. To ensure smooth operations while using the crane, hauling companies must observe these guidelines:
- Make sure that the driver operating the crane is licensed and experienced.
- The driver and the flagmen must wear safety equipment while they are doing the hauling. Safety equipment includes industrial helmet, reflective jacket, and warning lights used to guide the driver.
- Ensure that the area where the hauling process takes place has no people or vehicles passing through it.
- Barricade areas where the hauling process takes place.
- Put up warning signs to let people know that there is an ongoing hauling operation.
- Once the equipment is already transported, ensure that they are locked in place on the transporting vehicle.
- Forklifts. When moving small to medium-sized equipment within a short distance, you can opt for a forklift. Forklifts are ideal for transporting medium-sized but heavy items such as boxes, cement bags, and blocks. To warrant smooth operations, the company must:
- Hire a driver that has experience and a license for operating a forklift.
- Place warning signs along the path where the forklift will pass to ensure people that people don’t pass through it.
- Drivers and guides should have the necessary safety gear while they are hauling.
- When placing the cargo in the designated location, make sure to lay it down on a flat surface to avoid accidents from happening.
- Flatbed Truck. Flatbed trucks are helpful in hauling bulky items and equipment for construction. The solid bed behind the truck allows hauling companies to load heavy equipment easily. For smooth operations, hauling companies must:
- Hire a truck driver with a Class A or professional license, as some companies require the driver to have one before operating trucks and heavy machinery.
- Drivers must have an experience driving a flatbed truck.
- With the help of a crane, heavy machinery can be loaded and arranged into the truck.
- Once all the equipment is safely placed, they must be tied down and locked before transport.
Hauling Company’s Responsibility
The hauling company has the responsibility to hire the right drivers based on their qualifications, experience and driving capabilities. If the hauling company fails to appoint a responsible driver, it could damage the company name and its relationship with its clients.
Hauling company drivers must have the right credentials before accepting a job. He or she has the responsibility to ensure safe delivery of the equipment to the designated location. If the driver neglects to do his or her duty and fails to exercise caution, it may cause damage to the name of the company and the clients’ heavy equipment.
How to Look for a Hauling Company
You will face some difficulties before you find the right hauling company. It may be difficult but these tips can help you:
- Plan. Multiple processes are involved when moving heavy equipment, which is why it is essential to plan and organize. Create a hauling policy for your equipment. You must also include your requirements for the moving process.
- Review costs. As a contractor and a client, the prices for hauling your safety and industrial equipment are included in your contract. Therefore, you must set a budget for it. You must find a way to stick with the budget to avoid spending unnecessary costs.
- Check your equipment. Create an inventory of your equipment. Everything must be accounted for to avoid any discrepancies when they are moved to your construction site or specified destination.
- Review hauling company’s experience. If you are choosing among several hauling companies, you must check their background first. Since the items being moved are worth a lot of money, you must review the companies’ experience in hauling said equipment.
- Ask about insurance. Accidents may happen during hauling. Therefore, it is best to ask whether the company is insured. Are they capable of paying for damages if something goes wrong? You are in safe hands when the hauling company has insurance for your assets and equipment.
As a client and property owner, you have the responsibility to provide the hauling company with all the important details they need to ensure proper hauling of your assets.
Fred Meyers contributes as a writer for Hevi-Haul and loves writing everything related to different industry giants like writing about Hevi-Haul skates. He works hard and loves to inform people about day to day industry topics that might be of interest to his readers. In his free time he enjoys resting with family.
The post Safety and Industrial Equipment Hauling: How To Make Sure The Process Goes Smoothly appeared first on Digital Media News & Training.