Other notable announcements and developments today…
• Anti-piracy tool provider MUSO has raised $3.2 million from Harwell Capital to fund further expansion and, says the company, “more quickly take advantage of market opportunity”.
• Music rights market place Songtradr, which in particular links newer acts to the grassroots and commercial sync space, has announced a long-term partnership with Milamber Ventures PLC to specifically grow its operations in the UK.
• UK trade bodies BPI and ERA yesterday published a new research report by MiDiA called ‘Generation Z: Meet The Young Millennials’. And you can meet them by downloading the report from here.
• 7digital has announced a partnership with sound recognition company SoundHound, best known for its Shazam-competing mobile app. Together, the companies will develop new digital music solutions using SoundHound’s AI voice recognition tools. “Voice and AI are set to be the catalysts for re-imagining music streaming in the home and car, where there is huge potential for growth over the next few years”, says 7digital’s deputy CEO Pete Downton.
• The Smiths’ ‘The Queen Is Dead’ vinyl re-issue has gone to number one on the seven-inch singles chart, the twelve-inch singles chart and the overall vinyl singles chart. Looks like your dastardly plan was foiled, HMV.
• The video for Calvin Harris’s new single, ‘Feels’, featuring Katy Perry, Pharrell Williams and Big Sean, is now out.
• Singer-songwriter Tyni has released new song ‘Late Spring’, a co-write with Angel Haze.[from http://ift.tt/2lvivLP]