Other notable announcements and developments today…
• Spotify has announced a new partnership with The North Face, which will see the soundtrack to the outdoorwear company’s new advert – White Denim’s ‘Seek No Shelter’ – made available only in US cities where it’s raining.
• Paul McCartney and Elvis Costello are releasing a three track cassette for Record Store Day, featuring demos from their 1989 album ‘Flowers In The Dirt’. “What’s great about these songs is that they’ve just been written [at the point we recorded them]”, says McCartney. “So there’s nothing more hot off the skillet”. Quite. Here’s a video to explain what a cassette is.
• One of the few artists in the charts at the moment who isn’t Ed Sheeran, Stormzy, has released the video for new single ‘Cold’.
• Show Me The Body have announced that they will release a new mixtape, ‘Corpus 1’, on 24 Mar. From it, this is ‘Trash’.
• Napoleon IIIrd is back with his first album for six years, ‘The Great Lake’, which will be out on 19 May. Here’s first single ‘The Scrape’.
• PC Music’s Felicita has released a new EP called ‘Ecce Homo’. Here’s the title track. She’ll also play a show at The Courtyard in London on 7 Apr.
• Lydia Ainsworth has announced that she’ll play The Joker in Brighton on 30 May and London Fields Brewery on 31 May. And here’s her new single, ‘Into The Blue’.[from http://ift.tt/2lvivLP]