ASCAP Brings Experience Conference Online Free This Thursday
ASCAP has brought its signature ASCAP Experience conference online in the form of a free, ongoing weekly virtual event beginning May 28.
The series kicks off with a featured conversation between platinum-certified Grammy winner Shaggy and his manager and founder of Cherrytree Records Martin Kierszenbaum, a discussion of Billboard #1 hit “Stuck with U” with co-writers Whitney Phillips and Gian Stone, and a creative session with hit songwriter Priscilla Renea.
The new long-term initiative from ASCAP, dubbed ASCAP Experience: Home Edition, will take place weekly on Thursdays between 3:00 p.m. ET/12:00 p.m. PT and 6:00 p.m. ET/3:00 p.m. PT.
The ASCAP Experience: Home Edition Thursday kick-off schedule:
- 3:00pm – 3:05pm: ASCAP Experience: Home Edition Welcome with ASCAP Chairman and President Paul Williams
- 3:05pm – 4:00pm: Featured Conversation with Shaggy and manager Martin Kierszenbaum
- 4:10pm – 4:40pm: Anatomy of a Song: “Stuck with U” with songwriters Whitney Phillips and Gian Stone
- 4:50pm – 5:20pm: ASCAP Sound Advice: I Just Wrote a Song. Now What?
- 4:50pm – 5:20pm: Sponsor Session: Qobuz: Who cares about audio quality? HD music streaming has answers
- 5:30pm – 6:30pm: Creative Session: Finding the “Aha!” Moment with hit songwriter Priscilla Renea
More details are at www.ascapexperience.com. More programming will be announced in the coming weeks.
“Music brings us comfort, joy and community. It unites us by resonating with our shared humanity. The world needs to feel that sense of connection today,” said ASCAP Chairman of the Board and President Paul Williams. “To keep the craft and creation of music flowing, ASCAP is thrilled to offer ASCAP Experience: Home Edition, an innovative series of virtual educational programming presented at no cost, featuring top writers, producers, publishers and music experts who want to share their knowledge and advice for the greater good of music.”