The Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (CARAS) has announced that submissions for the 2020 JUNO Awards are open. To be considered for nomination for the 2020 JUNO Awards, releases must meet these criteria:
- National music release dates must fall between the eligibility period of September 1, 2018 and November 8, 2019.
- Eligible music must be available for all Canadians and for national sale or via a recognized national music streaming provider.
- The product must be released nationally via brick and mortar stores or third-party online retailers.
- The product must be released via a nationally accessible streaming service that has paid subscriptions, full catalog, or on-demand streaming.
- Albums available for pre-order online no later than November 8, 2019, will also qualify. Pre-ordered online albums (digital or physical copies) will need to be available no later than November 22, 2019. Proof of transaction may be requested.
- Eligible musicians must be Canadian citizens. This is defined by CARAS as 50% or more of group members holding Canadian birth certificates, passports or are Canadian Permanent Resident(s) with residency in Canada during the last six months of the eligibility period.
The deadline for submissions is November 8, 2019; 11:59 p.m. ET.
For a complete list of JUNO Awards categories, eligibility rules, and voting criteria, visit www.junoawards.ca/submissions.