EU based music streamer Deezer surveyed UK fans and found that 49% are listening to fewer full albums than they were just 3 -5 years ago. The survey found that 42% were putting favorite songs on shuffle or playing individual tracks. Under 25, the stat rises to 55%.
- 15% of music fans under 25 have never listened to a full album, according to the survey.
- UK’s album listening is just 17 minutes per day, less than the 26 minutes global daily average.
- Over a quarter of listeners (27%) play an album in the order that the artist intended.
- Nearly three quarters of listeners (74%) confirmed they’re more likely to listen to an album in its entirety following an artist’s live performance. Another 32% listened ahead of a gig.
- Deezer says saw an increase of over 30% in its UK streams of Backstreet Boys DNA album after their June performance at The SSE Hydro Glasgow.