In January 2019 I was asked to present a talk on how to release your own music to a group of people in Riga, Latvia.
It was the first time I’d done anything live, with regard to self-releasing, but I took up the challenge and wanted to fit as much information into the talk as possible.
Turns out, I went overboard and spoke for almost TWO HOURS on the topic! I had so many stories, tips and things I wanted to discuss.
Anyway, I re-recorded the presentation here, and was more concise and a little faster. I managed to get the presentation down to a little over an hour.
You can watch the full presentation here and it should give you a really good overview to releasing music yourself.
- The release process and what’s involved.
- How to make sure your music is good enough.
- My own backstory and release history.
- Budgeting for releases.
- ways to get your music out there.
- ways to build your audience and fanbase.
- The differences between releasing yourself and on other labels.
- Other ways musicians are making money.
- A range of lessons and tips.
It should serve as a really solid primer, and combined with my blogs and courses it should have everything you need to get started![from http://bit.ly/1n4oEI8]