Other notable announcements and developments today…
• Music publisher Sony/ATV has extended its deal with Swedish songwriter Noonie Bao. Good job, she’s written songs like ‘Stay’ by Zedd & Alessia Cara, Camila Cabello’s ‘Never Be The Same’ and Rita Ora’s ‘Let You Love Me’. “Incredible”, says Sony/ATV UK MD Guy Moot. “Incredible”, says Sony/ATV Scandinavia MD Johnny Tennander. “Incredible”, says Bao’s manager Jakob Emtestam.
• Apple has confirmed it has bought London-based artist services company Platoon, which is co-lead by original AWAL founder Denzyl Feigelson, who had a long period working and consulting for Apple in the years after it launched iTunes. The tech giant has confirmed the purchase after it was first reported by MBW last week, allowing wild speculation about what the deal tells us regarding Apple’s current ambitions in music to continue.
• Collecting societies PPL and SAMI – which collect royalties for recording artists in the UK and Sweden respectively – have announced an alliance with Auddly, the start-up business that has developed a platform that makes it easier for artists and songwriters to ensure that accurate data is pumped into the system each time they create some new music.
• Radio station Kiss has announced that Tom Green and Daisy Maskell will take over its breakfast show in the new year. They replace Rickie Williams, Melvin Odoom and Charlie Hedges, who are buggering off to Radio 1 to present the late show there.
• Queen’s ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ is now the most streamed song released in the 20th century ever, if that’s the sort of thing you’re measuring. “We are so proud to represent Queen and are THRILLED to see the song still inspiring new fans around the world more than four decades after its release”, says Universal Music boss Lucian Grainge.
• Later this week, Katy Perry will be available to download and play as in mobile game ‘Final Fantasy Brave Exvius’. She’s done a song too, called ‘Immortal Flame’. Perry follows Ariana Grande, who appeared in the game last year.
• Professor Green has released the video for his Rag N Bone Man collaboration ‘Photographs’.
• Iris Gold has released the video for new single ‘Keep The Light On’.
• Check out our weekly Spotify playlist of new music featured in the CMU Daily – updated every Friday.[from https://ift.tt/2lvivLP]