Other notable announcements and developments today…
• Birmingham’s Genting Arena is being re-branded as the Resorts World Arena, and anyone who gets it wrong will be kicked in the shins. It actually kind of makes sense, because the arena is opposite Resorts World Birmingham, a casino and entertainment complex owned by Genting, which has had naming rights on the Birmingham arena venue since 2015.
• NME’s NME 1 radio station has expanded its reach on the DAB network, meaning it can now be heard in parts of central London, as well as Brighton and Norwich. Listeners can also now play NME 1 and NME 2 by barking those names at their Amazon-Alexa-enabled device. “Being available on DAB+ in central London and having dedicated Alexa skills is a further step forward”, says Station Manager Sammy Jacob. “The developments benefit the bands and artists we support too – both established and emerging”.
• Within Temptation have released the video for new single ‘The Reckoning’, featuring Jacoby Shaddix. The track is the first to be released from upcoming new album ‘Resist’, out on 14 Dec.
• Novelist has released the video for ‘Dot Dot Dot’, from his Mercury-nominated album, ‘Novelist Guy’. “The inspiration behind the video was to provoke thought and listening, the video is quite dark and minimal for this purpose”, he says.
• One OK Rock have announced that they will play a one-off UK show at Heaven in London on 5 Dec.
• Check out our weekly Spotify playlist of new music featured in the CMU Daily – updated every Friday.[from https://ift.tt/2lvivLP]