The four incoming members are:
- Kris Gillespie (Managing Director, Domino Recording Co)
- Laura Ballance (President & Co-Founder, Merge Records)
- Rosie Lopez (President, Tommy Boy)
- Tony Kiewel (President, Sub Pop Records).
The newly elected members will each serve a three-year term on the Board of Directors.
CEO’s Advisory Board
A2IM also welcomed six representatives to the CEO’s Advisory Board, as appointed by CEO Richard James Burgess with ratification by the Board. The Advisory Board’s role is to expand the expertise available to the organization while increasing the Board’s diversity.
Alphabetically, they are:
- Steven Hill (Warp Records)
- Mark Jowett (Nettwerk)
- Lisa Levy (Robbins Entertainment)
- Mike Olsen (Entertainment One)
- Mark Robinson (300 Entertainment)
- Zena White (Partisan Records)
A2IM CEO Richard James Burgess says, “The A2IM Board’s input and guidance is foundational to our stability, our growth and the focus of A2IM. We are lucky as an organization to have so many experienced leaders giving their time and expertise so generously to benefit the entire independent sector. I want to thank the board and advisory board members past and present for their support and thanks in particular to our outgoing members Amy Dietz (Ingrooves), Martin Mills (Beggars Group), and our Board Chairman Darius Van Arman (Secretly Group). Thanks also to our outgoing advisory board members, Rob Filomena (Industria Works), Dara Frank (Comedy Central Records), and Jason McGuire (Stones Throw Records).”
The new board’s term officially begins on July 4, 2018 although the new board and advisory board officers were introduced this week at A2IM Indie Week.