Other notable announcements and developments today…
• Apple’s Tim Cook has announced that Apple Music has 50 million subscribers now. It only announced it had 40 million last month. Although, as Music Ally points out, last month’s figure didn’t include people on free trials and this month’s does. So it’s not actually that impressive.
• Big Shaq has released the follow-up to viral hit ‘Man’s Not Hot’. Here’s ‘Man Don’t Dance’.
• G Flip is back with new song, ‘Killing My Time’. “The story behind ‘Killing My Time’ revolves around a girl who kept distracting me from making music”, she says. “It was hard to escape and be productive so I inevitably ended up breaking up with her because I wanted to focus”.
• Melody’s Echo Chamber has released new song, ‘Desert Horse’. “This track was a monster”, she says. “It’s the most sculptural and mad I guess. It embodies my difficult life journey these last few years through my own personal desert of heartaches, thirst, mirages, moving sands, disillusionment and of becoming an adult woman in a mad world. It’s a little punk to me somehow”.
• Hilary Woods has released new track ‘Prodigal Dog’.
• Death Cab For Cutie have announced that they will play The Scala in London on 19 Jun. Tickets on sale this Friday.
• Check out our weekly Spotify playlist of new music featured in the CMU Daily – updated every Friday.[from https://ift.tt/2lvivLP]