Other notable announcements and developments today…
• Royal Trux have signed a new deal with Fat Possum Records to digitally re-issue their entire back catalogue. Ten album and EP releases will be made available through April and May. From 1993’s ‘Cats And Dogs’, here’s ‘The Flag’.
• Pandora has promoted VP Revenue Operations David Gerbitz to the roll of Chief Operating Officer. He replaces Sara Clemens, who left the company for Twitch in December.
• Mixcloud has hired Joe Danvers-McCabe as its Senior Product Manager. He joins from Boiler Room, where he held the same position. “I’m so THRILLED to apply my professional experience in digital media as well as my personal experience as a musician and producer to help Mixcloud continue to expand and function better than ever”, he says.
• Rae Sremmurd have announced that they will release their third album, ‘Sr3mm’, later this year. From it, here’s ‘T’ed Up’.
• A Perfect Circle will release their first album for fourteen years, ‘Eat The Elephant’, on 20 Apr. From it, here’s new track ‘Talk Talk’.
• Ahead of the 2 Mar release of new album ‘A Productive Cough’, Titus Andronicus have released new single, ‘Above The Bodega (Local Business)’.
• The Cure’s Robert Smith will curate this year’s Meltdown Festival at London’s Southbank Centre. “I am honoured and excited”, he says.
• For the fifth year running, YouTube will have a livestream of the BRIT Awards, bringing the show to an international audience. It will be hosted this year by Conor Maynard and BBC Radio 1Xtra’s Yasmin Evans. Maynard is “super excited”, while Evans “can’t wait to have some fun” on the night. “I’m excited”, concedes YouTube’s Lyor Cohen. BRITs boss Geoff Taylor is “THRILLED”.
• Check out our weekly Spotify playlist of new music featured in the CMU Daily – updated every Friday.[from http://ift.tt/2lvivLP]