Other notable announcements and developments today…
• Right, have you seen that ‘stories’ thing they have on Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook and other places? Basically, it’s a way for people to connect the shit they upload into one big shit, I mean one nice ‘story’. Anyway, now YouTube’s going to introduce something like it called ‘Reels’, according to Techcrunch.
• Hey, so you know how the Prince estate is trying to find ways to make money off the late pop star’s legacy? Well, here’s a new line of merch. The website suggests it’ll only be available until Sunday.
• You know Sam Smith? OK, good. Well, he’s just put out a video for his latest single ‘One Last Song’.
• In other Sam Smith news, he’s quite keen to play the royal wedding. “I’m obsessed”, he told The Sun. “I want to sing at the wedding. Oh my God I’d love to, it would be a dream. I’d have to wear a dress and a crown though”.
• Do you recall a few years ago when that video of DMX singing ‘Rudolph The Red-nosed Reindeer’ was going around? Well, now he’s recorded a studio version.
• You remember Silverchair? Yeah, well Daniel John from Silverchair provides vocals on a new track by producer What So Not, called ‘Be OK Again’.
• You know Gorgon City, yeah? Well they’ve announced UK tour dates for next March, which will finish up at Brixton Academy on 31 Mar. They are also set to release new EP ‘Grooves On The Vinyl’ this Friday.
• Check out our weekly Spotify playlist of new music featured in the CMU Daily – updated every Friday.[from http://ift.tt/2lvivLP]