Other notable announcements and developments today…
• Spotify has bought Soundtrap, a Swedish tech start-up that “empowers artists of all levels to create music online with a web-based, easy to use, collaborative music recording and production studio”.
• Maggie Lindemann has released new single ‘Obsessed’. “‘Obsessed’ is about being with someone who only really cares about themselves”, she says. “Being with someone physically, but not being able to be with them mentally or emotionally… it’s more of a play on words and cheeky song because in the end, I sing, ‘I’m obsessed with myself too'”.
• Machine Head have released another new song, ‘Beyond The Pale’, from upcoming new album ‘Catharsis’.
• Stefflon Don has released new track, ‘Ding-A-Ling’, featuring Skepta.
• The fantastic Nils Bech is back with new single ‘Apart’. His first new music since 2016, it precedes an album due for release through DFA next year.
• Poppy Ackroyd has released the video for new single ‘Trains’.
• Patrick Watson has released new single ‘Broken’, recorded in Montreal last month. “This is a song I just felt like sharing before the next record”, he says. “Dedicated to the storms we went through”.
• Pinkshinyultrablast have released new single ‘In The Hanging Gardens’, taken from their third album ‘Miserable Miracles’, which is out on 4 May. The band will also be touring the UK the same month.
• Check out our weekly Spotify playlist of new music featured in the CMU Daily – updated every Friday.[from http://ift.tt/2lvivLP]