Other notable announcements and developments today…
• Beggars Music boss and UK Music chair Andy Heath has been announced as the Chairman of OCL, a new London-based company that says it “specialises in making copyright compatible with technology”. And why not, I say. Serge Acker, formerly Global Chief Digital Officer at L’Oréal, has been appointed CEO and PJ Dulay, previously with Universal Music, is SVP Music and Media Relations.
• Korn have moved to Velvet Hammer Management, leaving Jay-Z’s Roc Nation, which they joined less than a year ago.
• Bastille have released the video for new single ‘Glory’, taken from their album ‘Wild World’.
• Azealia Banks has released a new track, ‘Chi Chi’. You can listen to it via her Cheapy XO website.
• Beth Ditto has released a new single, ‘We Could Run’. You could run and listen to it now.
• Gogol Bordello will release a new album, ‘Seekers And Finders’, on 30 Aug. From it, this is first single ‘Saboteur Blues’.
• Baby In Vain have announced their debut album, ‘More Nothing’. Here’s opening track, ‘To Heaven And Back’.
• Japandroids have announced that they will play a London show on 30 Aug at a secret location in Dalston, following performances at the Reading and Leeds festivals.[from http://ift.tt/2lvivLP]